The Western Blot confirmatory test is completed with the OraSure test, which enables the collection of an oral fluid sample for use with a lab-based screening test that delivers accurate results for antibodies to HIV-1. Results are received in three days and can be collected in person at FAHASS. Positive screening tests are followed by an OraSure confirmatory test.
What to expect from an HIV test counseling session
Each test is conducted by a trained and certified HIV testing and prevention counselor who is able to discuss confidential issues in a comfortable and non-judgemental setting. A counseling session might discuss some of the following topics:
- Information about the importance of HIV testing and how often someone should be tested
- Education on the methods of HIV and STD transmission
- Ways to reduce the risk of becoming infected with HIV and other STDs
- Need for additional testing in people who have had a recent exposure to HIV
- Next steps for people who have a reactive test result
Off-site and Event Testing
Oraquick and Orasure testing options offer the ability to test in non-traditional testing environments, such as outreach programs and mobile testing clinics.We would be glad to work with any organization to schedule a testing time with you.
Email our Testing team and tell us about your event or give us a call at (540) 371-7532 ext. 201.